During the latter part of November 2007, three incidents involving Missouri State University student-athletes were widely publicized. Only a small number of student-athletes were involved in the three incidents which occurred over a seven-month time-frame; however, the Missouri State community and the general public voiced concerns about the reputation of the Intercollegiate Athletics program at Missouri State and its longstanding tradition of operating a successful program at a high level of integrity. Faced with this challenge to Missouri State’s reputation in its athletics program, President Michael Nietzel formed a 10-person Special Review Panel to examine policies and practices. This report represents the unanimous consent of the members of the panel.
- Appendix A Guidelines for Conduct
- Appendix B Official Visit Guidelines
- Appendix C Student Host Receipt Instructions
- Appendix D Fresno Code of Conduct
- Appendix E Safe and Responsible Use of Online Networking Sites
- Appendix F Utah State Guidelines
Timeline for implementation of recommended policies
The deadline to implement and post online both team and department-wide policies, unless otherwise specified, should be on or before August 1, 2008.