Open enrollment began on Nov. 1 and runs through Dec. 1.
Open enrollment is the period when employees can review, elect, decline or make changes to their benefits for the upcoming calendar year.
Once elections or changes have been made, no changes can be made during the year unless they are due to a qualifying, life-changing event, such as marriage, divorce, birth, etc. All elections and changes you select during the open enrollment period will be effective Jan. 1, 2020.
How to enroll
You have three options to enroll in benefits for the year:
- Online – Log in to My Missouri State. Select the Profile tab. In the Employment Details channel, select Online Benefits Enrollment. Disregard any references to a personal identification number as you go through the process. If you receive a login screen asking for credentials, please contact human resources.
- Phone – Call 417-836-3000 between 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday to speak to a benefits specialist.
- In Person – Stop by the office of human resources in Carrington 315 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday.
All employees are encouraged to go through the benefits enrollment process even if you plan to keep what you currently have.
Schedule your biometric screening
The open enrollment period is also the time to complete your biometrics to save $30 per month on your health insurance premiums. You may also enroll in the flexible benefit (i.e., cafeteria) plan. I completed mine last week and it took less than 15 minutes.
You can find more information about biometrics and schedule an appointment for your free biometric screening online.
You can also enroll in the cafeteria plan for 2020 online.
Give to the United Way and MSU Way
Please finalize your gifts and pledges to the United Way and MSU Way campaigns and plan to attend the Celebration Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 15 in the PSU Ballroom. You can RSVP to the luncheon by emailing Monica Sharpe.
If you have misplaced your pledge form, it is still not too late to give:
- Give to the MSU Way campaign online or call 417-836-4143.
- Give to the United Way campaign online, text BEARS to 40403, or contact Tammy Few at 417-836-5102.
The United Way and the Missouri State University Foundation are both worthy causes, and our community benefits from their work.
I elected to increase my contributions to both campaigns this year. I would encourage each of you to do the same.
We will publish a list of United Way leadership level givers and Missouri State University Foundation Founders Club members in a Clif’s Notes following the campaign.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!