As you know, classes started yesterday. I am happy to report that our opening day enrollment shows an increase of 244 students over last year’s opening day enrollment number. This represents an increase of 1.2 percent.
The official census count is made after the fourth week of class, and I will update you again on the status of our enrollment at that time. I will also discuss enrollment data as part of my State of the University Address at 12:15 p.m. on Sept. 25 in the PSU Theater.
Connect with Bears at campus activities
As we start the semester, I hope you will join me in interacting with our new and returning students. We want all students to feel welcome at the university.
There are several opportunities for you to interact with students and others throughout the fall semester:
- Residence hall House Calls on Aug. 30
- Diverse Administration, Staff, Faculty and Student Welcome Reception at 5 p.m. on Sept. 7 in the Davis-Harrington Welcome Center
- Public Affairs Week on Sept. 9 – 15 including:
- Family Weekend on Sept. 15 – 17
- Fall Showcase on Oct. 7
- Homecoming activities on Oct. 27 and 28
- Public Affairs Convocation by Will Allen, the author of this year’s common reader titled “The Good Food Revolution,” at 7 p.m. on Nov. 2 in Juanita K. Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts
- President’s Holiday Open House at 2 p.m. on Dec. 7 in the PSU Ballroom
- Home football games and tailgates at Bearfest Village on Sept. 16 and 23, Oct. 21 and 28, and Nov. 11. Missouri State faculty and staff can purchase season tickets for half price. Additional information can be found on the athletics website.
Please attend some or all of these events and show your support for our students and our university.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!