We celebrate Veterans Day this week. It’s important to take some time to honor all veterans and their service to this country.
Our mission as a university is to provide quality service to all military-affiliated students by helping empower them to successfully transition to college and equip them to be productive in the civilian workforce. Veteran support can be found through the Veteran Student Center.
Veterans Day Breakfast – for veterans and their guest
- Nov. 10, 8:30 a.m. (doors open at 8 a.m.), Plaster Student Union Ballroom.
- Program begins at 9 a.m.
The breakfast will include:
- Special guest speaker: City of Springfield Mayor Ken McClure, Bear Battalion Class of 1972.
- Music and service songs provided by members of the Missouri State Pride Band.
- Color Guard presented by the Missouri State University Pershing Rifles Company.
- The national anthem performed by the Hibernotes.
Please register if you plan to attend.
- Nov. 10, 11:11 a.m. in front of McDonald Arena.
- Taps will be played throughout campus beginning at 11:11 a.m.
The cascading sound of Taps by trumpeters representing several organizations will begin and end in front of McDonald Arena. The Missouri State Bear Battalion will assist. The national anthem will be played at 10:55 a.m. As an Army veteran, I find this to be an incredibly moving moment on campus.
Veterans Game Day (MSU Senior Day)
- Nov. 11, 2-6 p.m., Plaster Stadium.
Veterans and current military are invited to the MSU Bears vs. Northern Iowa football game. Buy your tickets at the Missouri State Athletics Box Office or by calling 417-836-7678.
There will also be a BearFest tailgate before the game from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Enjoy free food and beverages in the Veteran Student Tent.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State.