CGEIP is inviting general education coordinators in the Natural World areas (Life Sciences and Physical Sciences focuses) to its October meeting (October 9), starting at 4:00 pm, in Karls 102.
The two key objectives of this meeting will be:
- clarifying expectations for general education course assessments and reports
- helping coordinators write their reports for this year
To get the greatest benefit from this session, it will help if you:
- have read through the changes in the assessment focus (detailed in an e-mail sent out a couple of days ago and attached here),
- have considered how your course fits into the General Goal (GG) for its general education area (guiding document attached), and
- can describe how you know students have (hopefully) demonstrated that they have acquired the expected knowledge and skills.
Ideally, you could leave with at least a strong draft of your report, if not a completed report!
Hope to see you there!
CGEIP Chair 2019 – 2020