District Sales Manager Trainee
Job Title: District Sales Manager (DSM) Trainee
Location: St Louis (Chesterfield), MO sales office during training with potential relocation to specified territory within approximately twelve to eighteen months.
* Reports to Sales Training Manager
* Executes work under direction or established procedure 30% of the time; works independently setting work schedule priorities 70% of the time.
* Does not supervise others.
The District Sales Manager Trainee will be part of an approximately 12 – 18 month-long training program designed to prepare DSMTs for the District Sales Manager (DSM) role.
* Training Program
* Weekly classroom training to learn various techniques and functionalities of the DSM job.
* Ride along/shadowing opportunities with current District Sales Managers (DSM).
* Demonstrate progress and ability through execution of various sales role play scenarios.
* Give formal presentations to fellow DSMT peers on an assortment of training topics.
* Customer Development Program
* Promote various products for specified manufacturers via Distributor Development (DD).
* Account management for 250-300 DD foodservice distributors via telephone and/ or e-mail.
* Assist DSMs with new account development through the DD program.
* Sales administration and reporting for respective DD district/territory/region.
* Leverage respective DD manufacturer relationships in an effort to build territory business
* Occasional overnight travel for training, customer meetings or company meetings.
* Training and participation in Total Quality Management (TQM) teams and workgroups.
* Special projects as needed and assigned.
* Participation in committees.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location, exercises and promotes safe behaviors and shows unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Sales experience preferred.
* Business degree with sales experience and/or sales background preferred.
* Demonstrated aptitude in PC/laptop skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, listening skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
* Solid planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to relocate upon assignment of sales territory
* Occasional overnight travel required; ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for training or meetings.
To Apply: If you are a current Dot/ DTI employee and wish to apply for this or other open positions, please visit www.dotfoods.com and use the following information:
> Use the ‘Jobs’ link on the orange information bar (near the top right-hand area of the site)
> Choose ‘Job Applicant Login’
> On the current openings page, choose the link under ’Already a Dot Employee’ (if you are already employed at Dot or Dot Transportation, Inc.)
> On the job search page, you can create your application through the ‘My Jobpage’ tab, use the Sign In option at the top right of the page or scroll down farther on the page and use the candidate link on the right-hand side of the page to create an application.
> On the job search page, you can also review all the open positions and specific job descriptions and create an application through the ‘Apply’ link on the job postings in which you are interested.