Distribution Operations Intern
- Job ID: 1-107879
- Department: Distribution Operations
- Location: Corporate Headquarters – Springfield, MO
- Status: Supplemental
- Tentative Schedule: This is a part-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.(Flexible scheduling)
The Distribution Operations Intern will assist the Transportation Systems Manager in operating and maintaining all software solutions, reporting, and other tasks that support the Distribution Center (“DC”) field teams. The position will continue to enhance the DC Transportation Supervisors’ capabilities through software and program enhancements.
Essential Job Functions
- Upload and store DC data to Transportation routing software.
- Work with DC Transportation Supervisors to fully enhance and improve support software usage.
- Support and assist with developing reports that enhance visibility of routing and delivery compliance.
- Use On Board Computer data to aid in the development of DOT Operational score card and incentive programs.
- Develop trend reports for managing Driver Performance.
- Help support automating processes and continued improvements.
- Follow team procedures and standards related to reporting and ad-hoc analysis to improve data accuracy, visibility, and value.
Skills and Qualifications
- Above average utilization of Excel, Word, and Database management.
- Ability to write SQL.
- My SQL Database and VB or VBA experience desired.
- Be adaptable to learn new software programs as required to maximize fleet usage.
- Academic focus in Computer Information Technology or Transportation Systems desired.