This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing. Must be cordial and have a strong customer-service orientation. Poised and well-groomed, professional appearance and demeanor. Self-directed, well-developed interpersonal skills, organized, willing to assume leadership role on projects, dependable, possess excellent telephone skills, proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, pay close attention to detail and have advanced writing skills.
- Assist in the creation of signage, circulars, mock ups, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion, etc.
- Assist with fulfillment of marketing offers
- Assist with execution of fundraising events and promotional events
- Make fundraising asks for sponsorships and individual donations to area businesses and individuals
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
- Prepare presentations
- Enter information into contact management systems
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
- Initiate outreach for group sales and following up with additional communication with direction from the Marketing Director
- Assist with Public Relations opportunities – may require accompanying guests to television and radio media appearances, assisting at onsite media and promotional events, staffing onsite film and exhibition previews, etc.
- Manage and track DCS promotional collateral distribution to offsite locations, includes tracking the redemption of promotional collateral redeemed
- Manage and update media (print, digital, TV, radio, etc.) rates, demographics, circulation and opportunities for current and future planning
- Manage and update the current list for sales and content contacts at local papers, journals, TV stations, etc.
- Research and write DCS media advisories and news releases as instructed
- Maintain DCS presence in local calendar listings (print and online)
- Make pitch calls to local media outlets about DCS events and other news
- Create, edit, distribute and maintain on-site and off-site marketing and promotional needs as instructed
- Represent the DCS by participating in event marketing on and off site
- Greet guests and visitors
- Other duties as assigned
Email a copy of your cover letter and resume to Mhyde@Discoverycenter.org
As well as apply at https://www.discoverycenter.org/about-us/internships/. The application should take 2-4 mins.