Company Name: Arvest Bank
Brief Company Description: The story of Arvest Bank is one of commitment started by our founders, and intense dedication to focusing on the customer above all else. This philosophy has remained the same during our growth from a small bank to a network of community banks able to provide a complete range of financial services. Arvest Bank operates over 270 bank branches in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas and provides a wide range of banking services including loans, deposits, treasury management, credit cards, and wealth management. Arvest’s total assets now exceed $16 billion.
Job Title: Division Internship
Job Description / Primary Responsibilities:
- All assignments will vary depending on the functional area of your internship and add value both to Arvest and to your development as an upcoming professional. You will learn how the banking industry operates behind-the-scenes, and will have the opportunity to explore the many career paths available at Arvest.
- Serve as an intern for the required period of time, by being an engaged and committed professional teammate.
- Work collaboratively or independently, depending on the assignment.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank’s BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
They are looking Finance or Marketing majors primarily and are interested in diversity candidates.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of at least 25 college credit hours required.
- Major related to the functional area of the internship required.
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation, enthusiasm, organizational and time management skills, and have good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Completion of at least 48 college credit hours preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and the ability to work effectively in teams and on individual project assignments preferred.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
Internship Experience/Outcome: Your Arvest intern experience will include the opportunity for hands-on assignments in your field of study, a group project you’ll complete with other interns focusing on a real-time Arvest business issue, professional and leadership development activities, as well as social and community events.
Job Location: Springfield, Branson, Joplin, Kansas City, and more.
Start Date / End Date: Summer 2020
Pay / Compensation: The pay is $15 per hours and they work a 40-hour work week for the summer.
Application Instructions: To apply, submit an application through Handshake. The position closes on November 11th.