Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
Company Website: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/home.html
Connecting people with goods, services, ideas and technologies creates opportunities that fuel innovation, energize businesses and lift communities to higher standards of living. At FedEx, we believe that a connected world is a better world, and that belief guides everything we do.
Job Title and Description/Primary Responsibilities: Field Operations Intern
Under supervision, interns are expected to develop a broad knowledge of Less Than Truck Load (LTL) operations, tools, processes and procedures working alongside senior professionals, managers and leadership in areas of operations and sales.
- Must be enrolled at a Junior level or above (or have graduated within the last 12 months) at an accredited college or university
- Major or course of study toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Transportation; Distribution or other quantitative discipline.
- A Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be reliable and exhibit follow-through
- Must be adept in completing assignments and solving problems
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to follow instructions and complete required training
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain knowledge of LTL industry principles, terms, policies and procedures as defined by company
- Develop competency and understanding of processes and systems used in operations and sales
- Gain understanding of analytical approach and procedures to measure operations objectives
- Develop through understanding of intent and control measures of reports for processes that post results
- Develop and communicate ad hoc reporting
- Assist with various assignments and projects as assigned
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Could include exposure to a dock environment exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
- Hours may vary due to operational need
- Frequent contact with LTL service center personnel in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
Job Location/Application Instructions:
Follow the links below to apply for each location: