Company Name: Acuity Audiovisual
Company Website: www.acuityav.com
Acuity Audiovisual empowers people to communicate, collaborate and learn to their full potential by designing, integrating, installing, and supporting innovative audiovisual solutions. Our customers are excited to have us as their technology partner! Since 1994 the Acuity Audiovisual team has been serving the Greater DC Metro region government, university, commercial and association industries. A Veteran Owned company, Acuity Audiovisual specializes in solutions that combine sound, video, lighting, and automation for an optimal audiovisual experience.
Job Title and Description: Full Time Sales Intern
Acuity Audiovisual is seeking to add an Audiovisual Sales Intern to their team for the Greater Washington, DC market during the Summer 2021 Semester. This is a paid, 8 week sales internship position with opportunity for academic credit subject to university approval. Acuity Audiovisual designs, integrates, installs and services complex audiovisual systems in a technology intense industry. Successful interns will have the ability to understand and communicate how this technology can benefit our business, government and education customers.
- Understanding and defining the value a specific product portfolio has for potential prospects.
- Creating messaging that effectively and efficiently communicates the value personal conversations, voice mail, email, social media and other tools.
- Techniques for building a quality list of prospects, including research, networking and referral building.
- Building a plan for prospecting to include the most productive means of communication, messaging process, cycle, follow-up and repetition.
- Developing disciplines for scheduling and executing prospecting amidst other required sales activities.
Schedule of Duties and Responsibilities:
Week 1 & 2 – Deriving Value from Features. Intern will become familiar with the product portfolio and derive specific value propositions for the target prospects, including time in the field on site visits.
Week 3 – Building a Prospect List. Intern will use research, past customer data, networking and referrals to build a list of potential prospects.
Week 4 – Messaging, Means and Prospecting Plan. Intern will identify the most productive means for contacting prospects and develop messaging based on the value propositions they have developed. Interns will test their messaging through role play with experienced sales professionals and then in monitored prospecting activities. They will outline a prospecting plan that can be used to systematically reach their prospects.
Week 5-8 – Prospecting and Meeting Preparation. Intern will execute their prospecting plan with the goal of setting up introductory meetings for sales executives. Under the guidance of these sales executives, they will assist in preparing for and attending the meetings. During this time they will learn to balance prospecting activities with sales meetings, proposal development and internal responsibilities. Through the duration of the internship interns.
- You are an energetic and innovative student in a sales, marketing, business or engineering discipline with the ability to work full-time from our Manassas, VA office for the duration of the internship.
- You view sales as an essential part of the business process, one that creates tremendous value with customers when performed in a professional manner.
- You love and appreciate great audiovisual systems for meetings, conferences, training and entertainment…bad audio and poor video is distracting, and you just want someone to fix it!
- You have a deep desire and ability to understand customer needs and promote solutions that use Acuity Audiovisual products and services to meet those needs and grow revenue.
- The team members that you work with and social groups to which you belong are highly valued when reflecting on your success.
- You have incredible communication skills – written, visual and presentation, and use the combination daily in developing assignments.
- While already operating at a high level, you aspire to continually be better and grow through training and coaching.
Location: Manassas, VA
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Internship Start Date: 06/01/21
Internship End Date: 08/15/21
Please include in your application a cover letter with the answer to these questions:
1. Why are you interested in a sales internship?
2. What is one of your greatest ‘sales’ success stories to date, whether it made you money or not?
Please email Jamie Gorman with your cover letter and resume to be considered for the position.
Applications without this information in the cover letter may not be considered.
Contact Information: Jamie Gorman, firstname.lastname@example.org