Welcome Weekend 2016 introduces new Bears to campus life and welcomes returning students back to campus. Highlights of the weekend include Playfair on Friday, Bear Bash on Saturday, and New Student Convocation, Bear Path and the Belong-B-Q on Sunday.
- What: Welcome Weekend 2016
- When: Thursday, Aug. 18 – Sunday, Aug. 21
- Where: All over campus
Share your story
The best Welcome Weekend stories come from those who live it. When you attend any of the weekend events, we want to hear about your experience. We encourage you to join the online conversation throughout by posting about it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tagging your posts with the official hashtag: #GoMaroon
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag posts with the official Welcome Weekend hashtag: #GoMaroon
- Whenever possible, tag Missouri State University or @missouristate
- To provide a link for more information on the event, please link to http://www.missouristate.edu/welcome/
- When you post to Facebook, boost your update by including a photo or video.
- Nothing beats a first-hand perspective. When you attend a Welcome Weekend event, consider sharing a photo from or quote about your experience. Images below are pre-cropped for optimal use on Facebook and Twitter.
We have more than 50 Missouri State GIFs available on GIPHY. Discover how to utilize them on Twitter and other social media platforms.
We’re providing Snapchat geofilters all weekend, like this one.
Sample social media posts
- Move-in is almost here. Learn more about making the move to MSU on Aug. 18-19. http://bit.ly/1APw9g8 #GoMaroon
- #GoMaroon at MSU during Welcome Weekend. Check out the lineup of great events: http://bit.ly/1pNX0Dt
- Kick off the new school year at Bear Bash Aug. 20. Join the Fan Fest pre-party too: http://bit.ly/1APxvHR #GoMaroon
- Welcome new students to campus during New Student Convocation Aug. 21: http://bit.ly/1B8P19U #GoMaroon #CitizenBear
- What Welcome Weekend event are you looking forward to the most? Check out the lineup: http://bit.ly/1pNX0Dt #GoMaroon
- Making the move to MSU? Review our packing recommendations and move-in tips: http://bit.ly/1APw9g8