Hard work doesn’t go unnoticed here at Missouri State University. Assessment and the Council on General Education and Intercollegiate Programs (CGEIP) partnered together to honor seven General Education faculty who went above and beyond on their 2015–2016 Annual Assessment Reports. These outstanding faculty members were honored at the All-Faculty Recognition Reception hosted by the Office of the Provost on May 2, 2017.
We would like to show our appreciation to the following faculty for their hard work in moving Missouri State assessment forward. Thank you not only for your hard work, but for allowing us to share your reports as an example to faculty who fill out Annual Assessment Reports in the future. See the reports by clicking on the links below:
- Elizabeth Sobel, Ph.D—ANT 125: Exploring Our Human Ancestry
- Gautam Bhattacharyya, Ph.D—CHM 107: Chemistry for the Citizen
- George Connor, Ph.D—PLS 101: American Democracy and Citizenship
- John R. Turner—ENG 222: Writing for Social Change
- LeAnn Brazeal, Ph.D—COM 115: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- Lyn Gattis, Ph.D—ENG 321: Beginning Technical Writing
- Mitzi Kirkland-Ives, Ph.D—ART 274: Survey of Asian Art
These General Education Assessment Award recipients had the opportunity to choose from the following gift options:
- Athletic Passes—With two season passes, cheer on one of the following Missouri State University teams during the 2017–2018 season: men’s basketball, women’s basketball, men’s baseball, women’s softball, men’s football, or women’s volleyball.
- Campus Parking Permit—The permit will be issued for the Fall 2017, Spring 2018, and Summer 2018 semesters.
- Starbucks Coffee Club—Enjoy unlimited premium coffee from campus Starbucks vendors for one semester.
- Tent Theatre Season Tickets—Two premium season tickets will grant admission to one performance of each of the summer’s three productions: She Loves Me (June 14–17, 19–24), The Three Musketeers (June 29–July 3, July 5–7), and Nice Work If You Can Get It (July 12–15, 17–23). Premium seating, in contrast to standard seating, features wider seating areas, armrests, cloth seat covers, and chair backs.
- Union Club Boomer Meals—Visit the Union Club on the fourth floor of Plaster Student Union for lunch once a week for the entire semester. Offerings include a featured entrée of the day, soup and salad bar, desserts, and beverages.