In this series of posts we discuss creative examples of branding within the university. We do this to inspire you in your own innovative branding efforts.
Who caught our attention
— SGA (@MOStateSGA) August 16, 2016
Why it captures the brand
SGA incorporates recommendations for social media platforms.
SGA follows social media several guidelines for a clear, timely, effective message.
- SGA uses key principles of effective social media posts. It is best to, of course, to post material appropriate for the audience; i.e., don’t post anything you wouldn’t want your mother to see. Organizations should still showcase personality, which SGA does, by promoting a member of the organization. It also incorporates photos, which helps posts stand out.
- It follows brand recommendations for voice. The tone of the message conveys an organization whose members are earnest, inspiring, and direct.
- It follows Twitter guidelines by giving its audience relevant information in a timely fashion. SGA had just updated its Instagram account and provided an update on its Twitter. This is also mobile-friendly content, which is generally helpful since most people access Twitter on mobile devices. Users also often access Instagram on the same device.
- It provides an actionable step and increases brand awareness. The audience spends time on one platform, then visits a second one. This increases visibility and opportunities for engagement.
- It uses Trade Gothic font, which is recommended for bold, short messages.
How it meets SGA’s goals
SGA highlights individual members of the organization, which helps provide a face for the organization. It also demonstrates its sustainability component.