The Blue Zones: 9 Lessons for Living Longer from the people who’ve lived the longest
by Dan Buettner
Come join Sarah Bowman, your campus Dietitian/Diabetes Educator, in exploring the interesting story of the Blue Zones together! What can we learn from “the people who’ve lived the longest” and how can we apply some of their healthy habits to our own life?
Dan Buettner, a journalist, explored five regions of our planet where people live the longest, “The Blue Zones”, to find out what makes them live longer, more quality lives. According to Dan’s book, “scientific studies suggest that only about 25 percent of how long we live is dictated by genes… the other 75% is determined by our lifestyles and everyday choices we make.” Dan spends seven years, traveling the globe, interviewing researchers, academics, doctors, and the centenarians themselves to find out what they think are the keys to a long, healthy, happy life.
Fall 2019 Book Study
October 21st – November 18th
Time: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Magers Health & Wellness Center, Room 101
Bring your lunch! We will provide the book.
October 21 – Introduction, Pass out books, optional weigh-in, Summary of Preface & Chapter 1
October 28 – Chapter 2 & 4
November 4 – Chapter 3
November 11 – Chapter 5 & 6
November 18 – Chapter 7 & Reflections
Please register through My Learning Connection:
– Login at My Missouri State.
– Go to the “Profile” tab.
– Click “My Learning Connection” under the Professional Development section.
– Once there, type and select Wellness Book Club into the search box at the upper right of the screen.
– Follow the prompts to checkout and complete payment process.
Contact Ben Hunt at BenHunt@missouristate.edu for additional questions and information.