Graduation is a highlight of many a student’s college career. How does your program celebrate those achievements and support students in their transition into life after Missouri State? Consider writing a blog post about it.
Emphasize your career services
- Focus on internship opportunities through your programs - Internships provide valuable job skills to students and often turn into full-time employment.
- Highlight Career Center resources – The Career Center hosts job fairs, provides resume reviews and more. Share what resources may be of benefit and interest to your majors.
- Share departmental workshops and resources – Does your department host workshops about the job search process or host networking events? Feature an upcoming session.
- Emphasize your points of pride – Share the number of students graduating in your department, percentage of seniors already employed and the number of students participating in an internship.
More than 2,300 students will be graduating in spring 2014. Feature your Bear grads by highlighting:
- Their research projects
- Unique internships they participated in
- Where they’re headed after graduation
- How they live the public affairs mission by being culturally competent, engaged communally and leading ethically
Is your area interested in starting a social media account? Are you already on social media and looking for ways to optimize your activity? Join the offices of Web and new media and University communications for two upcoming social media trainings:
- Learn more about social media at Social Media 101 Thursday, April 17. This information session is ideal for programs that are considering adding a social media presence and want more information about getting started and instituting some best practices.
- Attend the Social Media Boot Camp Tuesday, April 22, for tips about distributing digital content through specific social media platforms. It will feature training sessions on blogging, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Please bring appropriate log-in information with you as these sessions will focus on optimizing your existing social media activities.
All workshops are free, but registration is requested through My Learning Connection