Are you concerned about a student who is missing a lot of class or struggling academically? What can you do? Use the Academic Care Team Referral Form to send an alert. The sooner we intervene with the student the quicker we can offer help. The goal of this referral form is to initiate prompt communication and intervention with students who are experiencing academic difficulties. The referral form is intended for first- and second-year undergraduate students only, but you may use it for juniors and seniors.
Reasons to refer a student:
- Poor attendance and/or infrequent Blackboard access
- Consistently unprepared for class
- Missed, late or incomplete assignments
- Missed exams
- Poor performance on exams or assignments
- Needs to address study skills or time management
- Academic difficulty due to issues outside the classroom
After submitting the form, your report will be forwarded to the Academic Care Team, who will offer targeted academic assistance to the student. In some cases, we will contact the student and recommend they meet with you directly. In other cases, we will recommend academic services such as an academic coach or the BearCLAW. We recommend sharing with your student that you have made this referral. For information about the referral form, contact Dr. Kelly Wood, The Center for Academic Success and Transition (CAST), 836-8343.