Get insight from the pros.
You can attend presentations by expert geographers, geologists, and planners.
More seminars may be added as the semester progresses.
Contact our department if you have questions or need more information.
Fall 2022 Seminar Series
All GGP seminars are free and open to the public. Seminars begin at 2:30 P.M. in Temple Lecture Hall 002, unless noted otherwise.
- Friday, September 16: Dr. Mark Bowen, Associate Professor, Minnesota State University, MSU alumnus M.S. (2004) Resource Planning, B.S. (2000) Geography. “Soils as Environmental Barometers: from the Pleistocene to the Anthropocene”
- September 26 – 30: MSU/GGP will celebrate its own Geography Awareness Week
- Friday, September 30: Dr. Brittany Krzyzanowski, Postdoctoral researcher, Washington University Medical School. “Geography in Public Health and Medical Research”
- October 13 & 14: Fall Break, no classes. It is Earth Science Week though October 9 – 15.
- Friday, October 21: Dr. Sarah Jacque, Assistant Professor, University of Missouri. A paleobiology, systematics and sedimentology presentation.
- Friday, October 28: Paige Preston, a guide for our National Park Service, Humboldt State University – Geology – B.S., 2018. A Buffalo River educator.
- Friday, November 4: Ethan Hochstein, Director of Horticulture and Landscape, Indianapolis Cultural Trail, Inc. “The Indianapolis Cultural Trail: An international example in bike and pedestrian infrastructure, connectivity and sense of place”
- November 14 – 18 : National Geography Awareness Week
- Friday, November 18: Dr. Melissa Dickson, MSU alumna M.B.A., M.S., B.S. – Ph.D., Oklahoma State University. City of Springfield, Senior Keeper/Supervisor Dickerson Park Zoo. “How to successfully navigate today’s psychology-based job applications and interviews”