Get insight from the pros.
You can attend presentations by expert geographers, geologists, and planners.
More seminars may be added as the seminar progresses.
Contact our department if you have questions or need more information.
Fall 2022 Seminar Series
All GGP seminars are free and open to the public. Seminars begin at 2:30 P.M. in Temple Lecture Hall 002, unless noted otherwise.
- Friday, September 16: Dr. Mark Bowen, Associate Professor, Minnesota State University, MSU alumnus M.S. (2004) Resource Planning, B.S. (2000) Geography. A soil geomorphology and physical geography presentation.
- Week of September 26 – 30: MSU/GGP will celebrate its own Geography Awareness Week with events to be announced
- October 13 & 14: Fall Break, no classes
- Friday, October 21: Dr. Sarah Jacque, Assistant Professor, University of Missouri. A paleobiology, systematics and sedimentology presentation.
- Friday, October 28: Paige Preston, a guide for our National Park Service, Humboldt State University – Geology – B.S., 2018. A Buffalo River educator.
- Friday, November 4: Ethan Hochstein, Horticulture Manager, Indianapolis Cultural Trail, Inc. A public space as transportation and destination design and management presentation.
- Friday, November 16: Dr. Brittany Krzyzanowski, Postdoctoral researcher, Washington University. A human/environmental interaction study presentation.